Effective Date: March 17, 2017
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Account and Profile Creation
- User name, email and password are required to create an account.
- You may optionally provide additional profile information such as your first name, last name, profile picture, mobile number, location, short description of yourself and personal webpage URL.
- If you create your Origami Owl account by connecting through another service, we may use public information from that connected account to help complete your profile.
- Other services now or in the future, such as commerce products, may also require you to provide us with a debit or credit card number and its associated account information.
Your Choices with Profile Information
- You may login and update or modify your profile information and contact information at any time.
- You may unsubscribe from email communications sent by us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. However, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
- You can permanently delete your account by contacting us directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Retention of Your Profile Information
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Origami Owl, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
- We may keep track of how you engage with the Services, such as which campaigns you follow, what categories of brands you interact with, your usage patterns, etc.
- We may keep track of how you interact with links across our Services, including our email notifications, third-party services, and client applications, by redirecting clicks or through other means.
- We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number).
- We also collect device information that will help us diagnose and troubleshoot problems in the event you experience any crash or other problem while using our Services.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- We collect data from your device’s phonebook or contact list when using the Services to share content via email contacts. We will never access your device’s phonebook or contact list without your consent through voluntary operation of the Services.
- We collect data from your device’s camera roll when uploading and sharing videos using the Services. We will never access your device’s camera roll without your consent through voluntary operation of the Services.
- We collect the content you provide and information about that content, such as if the recipient has viewed the content, voted on the content, shared the content, commented on the content, replayed the content, and the metadata that is provided with the content.
- When you use our Services we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
- Users can add or may have metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a video), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a video), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
- If you do not want cookies from Origami Owl or other websites, you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. However, some Services may not function properly if you disable cookies.
- Our servers automatically record information created by your use of the Services. This Log Data may include items such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM THIRD PARTIES
We may collect information that other users provide about you when they use our Services.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We may use information collected for some or all of the following reasons:
- to improve our Services
- to communicate with you
- to monitor usage and analyze trends
- to track metricsand patterns
- to enhance the safety and security of our Services
- to verify your identity, prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal usage of our Service
- to personalize the Services to improve your user experiences
- to automatically update the Services on your mobile device
We may also from time to time store information locally on your mobile device. Doing so may allow our Services to perform faster and more efficiently.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Your User Content and Profile Information
- We may share or disclose with other users of our Services and Third Party Service Providers any and all information you voluntarily make public with your postings and profile information.
- We may sublicense to third parties some or all of the Content which you have made public for a fee to be retained by Origami Owl.
- Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- Even if you remove information that you previously posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties have copied, published or saved that information.
Third Party Service Providers
- We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, sellers that provide goods through our services, and business partners that provide services and functionality.
- Third Party Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
With Our Affiliates
- We may share your information with entities within the Origami Owl family of companies, now or in the future.
Business Transfer or Change of Control
Aggregation of Information
- We may share with third parties, such as advertisers, aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We do not knowingly collect, solicit or direct our Services to anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take the appropriate and reasonable steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account as quickly as possible. If you believe we might have personal information for anyone under 13, please contact us directly (email@example.com).
HOW TO CONTACT US